CONSTITUTION of Greener Fram
The name of the group is Greener Fram (hereinafter called GF)
The area covered by GF shall be Framlingham and the surrounding parishes.
- To raise awareness within the area of the challenges of climate change and oil depletion, and the consequent need for change.
- To work with others in the area to develop a low carbon, sustainable and resilient future for the area.
- To support individuals, families and organisations in their efforts to prepare for this future.
- To create and help implement an Energy Descent Action Plan (EDAP) for Framlingham and the surrounding area.
- To support and encourage local action on Climate Change and Oil Depletion
- To support and work with other Transition Towns and similar community-led initiatives
- To engage with other organisations, including statutory, voluntary, and business, where appropriate in pursuit of its aims and objectives.
The members shall be subscribers to this constitution and individuals and organisations admitted without reference to wealth, politics, religion, sex, disability, age or sexual preference, who live, work or operate in the area as described above, and who are in agreement with the stated aims and objectives.
A member shall cease to be a member if she/he:
- resigns; or
- is requested to resign by three-quarters of members voting to this effect.
Any members expelled shall have the opportunity to defend themselves at an Extraordinary General Meeting where they shall have the fullest opportunity to answer any allegations made against them.
There are no membership subscriptions
All members are unpaid volunteers
OFFICERS AND COMMITTEE
GF is managed by a committee, which meets at least twice a year.
All members of GF are eligible for election onto the committee.
The committee comprises a Chairperson, Treasurer and Secretary and up to 8 ordinary members and has the power to co-opt.
The committee is elected every year, the election-taking place at the Annual General Meeting with all members of GF being eligible to vote.
The officers are elected by the committee, at the first committee meetings, after the AGM.
Representatives of Suffolk Coastal District Council, CRed Suffolk, Suffolk Acre, ESTA, Greenest County or any other interest group may be invited to attend committee meetings.
The officers shall report on the group’s activities and financial position at all meetings.
A quorum of four is required to conduct a valid meeting
Bank accounts in the name of Greener Fram shall be maintained and all monies received from any source on behalf of the Group shall be paid into them.
Expenditure shall be authorised by two of three signatories, one of whom must be either the Chairperson or Treasurer.
Petty cash is to be held by the Chairperson or Treasurer as required.
An independent auditor will audit the accounts of the Group annually and these accounts will be reported to the AGM.
RULE CHANGES AND DISSOLUTION
The group may be dissolved or these rules amended by a two-thirds majority of those present at a general meeting of which fourteen days notice has been given. The text of motions for amendment or dissolution shall be as stated in the notice convening the meeting.
The committee at its discretion shall deal with any matters affecting the Group and its activities, which are not otherwise provided for in these rules.
Constitution Adopted 2010 , last reviewed 2015